Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Well sitting in an airport again and waiting. There was chaos at the security check in as they had a new toy to play with, a drug and explosive sniffer but you had to wear your shoes through this one then take them off. Of course, we sheep are now conditioned to remove our shoes so everybody was retrieving shoes from the boxes on their way through the xray machine then by the time they had gone through the sniffer their boxes had gone. The security people were getting a little hoarse but we sheep just looked puzzled and were eventually herded to the next holding pen.

The Bombay is ready to go on it's mooring in Chocolate Hole, St Johns and the sea trial is scheduled for Thursday. I am not sure if the surveyor will make it. I guess I will hear from him tonight.

I overdid things a bit yesterday. After a hectic morning at Tropical shipping loading the barrels with my stuff and sorting out the manifest I thought a swim would be a pleasant way of cooling off so I walked over to the beach to discover surf was up and an entrepreneur was renting out boogie boards and frog feet. After ½ an hour of mental fun I suddenly realized that I was so tired I could barely stand and stagger up the beach. This being 62 with a mental age of 13 is the pits.

1 comment:

Barbette said...

Go for it - you only live once - thank goodness.