Sunday, November 15, 2009

Back to the USA

Back in the USA and heading for Miami. The trip from the Rio Dulce to Guatemala City involved a leg on a chicken bus.



I was expecting one of these and was looking forward to the ride.






Instead I got one of these, but it got me there albeit at considerable environmental cost to the atmosphere and some discomfort to my rear as the seats were plank wood and all vestige of springing or shock absorbing was long gone.

Then when I got to my hotel and logged on to print my ticket I had got moved to an earlier flight. They had warned me that this was possible. A 4.30 am start, is there such a time/



But the good news is that I have finally made up my mind on a boat, I think anyway, providing it passes the sea trial. The Bombay Explorer 44 which I had looked at before down in the BVI has finally been extracted from the back of the boatyard and splashed. I think I will be flying down to St Thomas on Thursday this week with hopes for a sea trial on Friday.

No comments: