Friday, November 13, 2009

SEDUCED BY THE RIO DULCE

Well I am not going to buy this boat. There is just to much to do and the timeline for repairs, escaping from the river over the shallow bar and the necessity to be on my way to a safe area for the 2010 hurricane season does not make sense.







Not to mention the termite poo, apparently the black poo comes from drywood termites and the sawdusty stuff from the normal variety.















However this is a great area and I plan to come back for a visit on my forever boat at sometime in the future.





I can even visualise myself staying at Mango Marina with Lesbia cooking breakfast again and the resident white heron waiting on the next boat for a passing fish.






The wildlife is outstanding with manatee, plentiful fish including giant tarpon and these cute little finches that have taken up residence on the anchor rodes.

No comments: