Wednesday, October 14, 2009

POPPIN SOME CAPS IN ORLANDO

We got a chance to do what every boy and lots of girls have wanted since Clint uttered those immortal words "...and this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful hand gun in the world"

Yup we shot the dirty Harry gun. But only after Dave, Carols brother had checked us out on some lighter stuff and made sure we were safe and knew what to expect.

Starting with a 357 revolver and lighter 38 bullets we got to blow away the blue man while practicing our range safety and reloading procedures.















We had a variety of politically incorrect targets to choose from as well as the common bulls eye.

I enjoyed blowing away Burt with my Glock 45 and got reasonable groupings albeit at relatively short range most of the time. I did try a magazine at the full length of the range but found that my eye sight is now so restricted that I do not have the depth of field to "see" the sights and the target clearly at the same time.

Dave was a good teacher and we quickly got good groupings and felt safe handling the revolvers and the automatics.



Dave had the big gun and we knew when he was blasting away because the noise and shockwave was much greater. I expected the difference in recoil when it was my turn but the violence of the kick was still a shocker and after only two shots I could feel the growing ache in my wrists.

Carol actually moved backwards when the recoil hit but her injury came when a hot shell casing from her automatic lodged in her cleavage. Nasty!

No comments: